Director of Business Development
This position is focused on selling product development/design services with purchase orders ranging from $50,000 – $500,000 or more. The successful candidate must be confident working semi-autonomously in a new business development role. With the majority of our clients located in Silicon Valley, this position will be based in our Mountain View, CA office, however, we are interested in expanding our client base to other regions of North America. Ideal clients are established companies and funded startups with experienced management.
- Founded in 2004, 219 Design has grown to become one of the best privately held new product development consulting firms in Silicon Valley.
- We are committed to building lasting relationships with our clients and maintain a client retention rate of over 90% by providing quality, value-added solutions.
- Report directly to 219 senior leadership.
- Spearhead the development and growth of business in medical device, consumer products, and automotive industries based on current specializations.
- Provide leadership team with customer insight in order to facilitate ideas on how to continuously improve product offerings and market strategies.
- Stay up to date with sales practices, technology, and competitive intelligence.
- Follow current/past client’s in the news (new products, awards, funding, management)
- Lead internal sales meetings.
- Maintain sales tracking program.
- Oversee 219’s customer experience and loyalty and initiatives.
- Proven track record of generating and closing new business in design services industry
- Ability to develop sales strategy, develop & manage sales pipeline
- Top-tier communication skills, both written and oral
- Willingness to roll-up sleeves to take on the executional tasks that come with a small company
- Passionate about technology
- Has a life outside of work
- Able to travel up to 10%
- Engineering background is a plus
- Authorized to work in the US without sponsorship
Compensation & Benefits
- Salary, commission & bonus
- Health/dental insurance
- 40-hour work week, part time considered
- Flexible schedule
- Paid vacation & holidays
- 401(k) + matching
Upload your resume and cover letter here.